- American Institute of Professional Geologists, Minnesota Section (AIPG-MN)
- Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design
- Children’s Water Festival (Twin Cities Metro)
- Department of Natural Resources
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Health – Environmental Health
- Geological Society of America – Northcentral Section
- Metropolitan Council – Environmental Services
- Minnesota Association of Watershed Districts
- Minnesota Geological Survey
- Minnesota Ground Water Information Guide (Tim Thurnblad)
- Minnesota Office of Geographic and Demographic Analysis
- Minnesota Waters (Minnesota Lakes Association)
- Minnesota Water Well Association
- Pollution Control Agency
- Science Museum of Minnesota – St. Croix Watershed Research Station
- SEEK – Environmental Education
- University of Minnesota Department of Soil, Water, and Climate
- University of Minnesota – Natural Resources Research Institute
- University of Minnesota – Water Resources Center
- USDA – Natural Resources Conservation Service – Minnesota Office
- USDA-ARS, North Central Soil Conservation Research Lab, Morris, MN
- US Geological Survey Water Resources Programs in Minnesota
- US Geological Survey Minnesota District
- American Ground Water Trust
- American Water Resources Association
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Water Wiser water efficiency clearinghouse
- AWWA Research Foundation
- Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies
- Modular Homeowners – 35 ways to save water
- Midwest Ground Water Conference
- National Drinking Water Clearinghouse
- The Groundwater Foundation
- Ground Water Protection Council
- Groundwater Remediation Technologies Analysis Center (GWRTAC)
- Society of Wetland Scientists
- Soil and Water Conservation Society
- US EPA
- US Geological Survey
- US Water News
- Water Education Foundation
- Water Online
- Water Quality Association
- Canadian Water and Wastewater Association
- International Water Association
- International Ground Water Modeling Center (IGWMC – Golden, CO)
- Water Environment Federation
Annotated List of Environmental Education Sites
(see our education section)
- Groundwater Guardian An excellent web site that provides information on ground water basics, youth programs, and a Kid’s Corner that includes activities for teachers.
- United States Geological Survey Lots of information on water and ground water, including classroom applications. Somewhat technical, but can be adapted to younger students.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency An excellent site from the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Provides many excellent links. May have to go through multiple links to access information, but the links are easy to follow. Sub sites of note: thestudent page and the ground water primer
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 1 This site contains numerous activities and comprehensive lessons and has student and teacher sections.
- Peace Corps This site contains several comprehensive lesson plans by subject, grade, and title. Many of the lesson plans include cultural aspects of water issues and contain real-world applications (geared toward Africa). The main page contains student and educator pages.
- Unites States EPA’s Drinking Water for Kids This site has numerous activities, games, and experiments for a variety of ages. Within many of the links are a number of additional links, so you need to be patient. But there is a ton of information here.
- Center for Global Environmental Education An excellent site, but you will have to go through several layers to get at some of the most useful information.
The following website cuts through one of these layers.
- Project Wet This is normally an excellent site, particularly for students. Minnesota’s Project WET coordinator is at MN DNR – Project WET
- DiscoverySchool.com Contains a large number of activities and lesson plans, but they are not specific to water.
- Water on the Web Contains numerous activities and lesson plans, most of which are for advanced students. A lesson list can be found at http://wow.nrri.umn.edu/wow/student/lessonlist.html.
- Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission Contains many water-related lesson plans.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 5 Contains many links and some activities; has student and teacher pages.
Education Sites of Professional Organizations
- American Ground Water Trust A site primarily for ground water professionals, but the Trust puts on workshops for educators.
- University of Minnesota Water Resources Center Primarily provides links to other sites and organizations.
- University of Wisconsin Environmental Resource Center Primarily contains links and lists youth activities.
- National Environmental Education and Training FoundationDescribes objectives of environmental education. Not specific to water.
- Environmental Education Association of Illinois Contains some information on environmental education, including activities.
- National Ground Water Association Their education section provides links to many sites.
- American Institue of Professional Geolgoists (Minnesota Section)A professional dociety focusing on geology, this organization offers to have geologists attend classrooms and present information on geology
- Minnesota Science Teachers Association The Minnesota Science Teacher’s Association stimulates, improves, and coordinates efforts of science teachers in the state of Minnesota
Got Links? Think they should be listed here? Send them in to:email@example.com