Hans-Olaf Pfannkuch & E. Calvin Alexander, Jr. Hydrogeology Field Camp Award
Deadline: April 30, 2017
Purpose: The Board of the MGWA Foundation provides this Hans-Olaf Pfannkuch & E. Calvin Alexander Jr. Hydrogeology Field Camp Award to alleviate a portion of the educational costs of qualified students to attend a hydrogeology field camp, with the goal of creating stronger professionals in the fields of hydrogeology, groundwater geology, and related programs.
For the summer of 2017 two $1,500 awards are being offered.
The Pfannkuch-Alexander Award is designed to bring students with strong, broad life skills to a hydrogeology field camp experience. It is expected that these life experiences will be shared with other students to promote a more diverse field camp experience and help build a stronger hydrogeology community.
Where and How to Apply:
Submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may submit paper copies of this information via US mail to:
Field Camp Awards
4779 126th St North
White Bear Lake MN 55110-5910
To be eligible to apply for the Pfannkuch & Alexander Award, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing in hydrogeology, groundwater hydrology or similar program at an accredited college or university or are a recent graduate.
- Earning a minimum of a 2.4 GPA or equivalent.
- Plan on attending a hydrolgeology or hydrology field camp conducted in Minnesota or adjacent states or provinces including North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ontario, or Manitoba.
This scholarship can be used to cover course fees and/or travel expenses but not tuition. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their desire and ability to overcome barriers and to achieve their goals.
Your application will be evaluated on your:
- Resolve and determination to succeed
- Future goals and plans to achieve them
- Ability to communicate the hardships you have overcome or currently face
- A desire to share your life experiences with other students